2.0.7 is last intended release for 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: 2.0.7 is last intended release for 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Post by martin »

credneb wrote:re: "In looking at our active user demographics for November, around 75% are already on OSX 10.8 or 10.9."

Merely curious, but absent a poll, how do you gather this demographic info?
We didn't employ the NSA on this one, but rather just the automatic updater framework (Sparkle) that NWP uses. When you first launched NWP, it would have asked you if you'd like to update automatically, and if so, would you care to send along anonymous system statistics:
updater.png
updater.png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 7374 times
That information is very helpful and gives us a rough idea of our active user base's system demographics.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Gotcha! I never used auto-update. And I'm on 10.6. So count me out. :D

Cheers, Henry.
credneb

Post by credneb »

Thank you, Martin (re demographics).

re: rather just the automatic updater framework (Sparkle) that NWP uses

Is this the same as the Automatically check for updates checkbox in the preferences?

So if one simply downloads the updater from your website without using the auto-updater, Nisus doesn't get the information? Only if the updater downloads the file?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

credneb wrote:Is this the same as the Automatically check for updates checkbox in the preferences?
Yes, that's correct, they are the same.
So if one simply downloads the updater from your website without using the auto-updater, Nisus doesn't get the information? Only if the updater downloads the file?
That's also right: if you have the automatic updater disabled, then Nisus Software will not count you in the update demographics.
Waldbaer

Post by Waldbaer »

Just another question: I read in the FAQ that the .doc-import requires Rosetta - is this still correct? Because dropping support of 10.6 means dropping support for Rosetta, too, but you won't drop support for .doc, will you?

Thanks for clarifying, maybe you should consider updating the FAQ.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Waldbaer wrote:Just another question: I read in the FAQ that the .doc-import requires Rosetta - is this still correct? Because dropping support of 10.6 means dropping support for Rosetta, too, but you won't drop support for .doc, will you?
I replied in your thread on this topic, but just so nobody misses the answer: Rosetta is not required to import ".doc" files. NWP's file importer is now completely Intel native, and we will continue to support the import of DOC and DOCX files for the foreseeable future.

That particular FAQ was outdated and has been removed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.