'View' menu items go missing in 2.0.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
BobHughes

'View' menu items go missing in 2.0.1

Post by BobHughes »

All of a sudden, I'm finding that the 'View' menu's top four items (Draft view, page view etc... everything above 'Zoom in') have vanished.

They've also vanished from the key-bindings section of preferences.

If I restart, they come back again, but I can't figure out what it is that's causing them to disappear. I've not altered my system in any way that I can think of.

I'm using 2.0.1 on an aluminum G4 powerbook and Tiger (10.4.11), and an AOC LM720/LM720A second monitor. None of this has changed in more than a year, whereas the error appeared maybe a week ago.

I notice also that on starting Nisus all docs now appear in the second monitor and I have to drag the one I'm working on into the main monitor.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: 'View' menu items go missing in 2.0.1

Post by martin »

BobHughes wrote:All of a sudden, I'm finding that the 'View' menu's top four items (Draft view, page view etc... everything above 'Zoom in') have vanished.

They've also vanished from the key-bindings section of preferences.

If I restart, they come back again, but I can't figure out what it is that's causing them to disappear. I've not altered my system in any way that I can think of.
That's unexpected and shouldn't happen. The next time you first notice the menus are missing, can you please use the menu Help > Send Feedback to submit a report? Hopefully the collected logs will show something is amiss.
I notice also that on starting Nisus all docs now appear in the second monitor and I have to drag the one I'm working on into the main monitor.
While NWP does restore the document window size/position when opening a file, it doesn't directly control which monitor such a window appears. That's generally handled by OSX. I'm not sure how OSX decides that, but I've heard that it might depend on your current mouse cursor location, settings for spaces/desktop, and where you last used the application.