Footnote/Endnote Tag in Status Bar

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
hoberdiek

Footnote/Endnote Tag in Status Bar

Post by hoberdiek »

The manual says that when I'm in a footer with a footnote, a tag * will appear. But I see none. I have several other tags, but not this one. I want to have the ability to change all footnotes to endnotes, and the manual says to do it via this tag. Advice? Thanks
Hamid

Re: Footnote/Endnote Tag in Status Bar

Post by Hamid »

When you select the whole document (or when you select all the footnotes) does the footnote tag appear?
If not, it may be that your document was converted from another format and there is no Footnote style (which is there by default in NIsus documents).
Insert an empty footnote and an empty endnote in the document and save the file.
Then select all footnotes and from the Footnote tag apply Endnote.
This should change all footnotes to endnotes.
Then delete the two empty endnotes.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I think this was a typo on your part, but just to be sure:
hoberdiek wrote:The manual says that when I'm in a footer with a footnote, a tag * will appear.
Footers and footnote areas are two distinct editing areas. Footers appear on every page in your document and cannot contain footnotes. You probably know that, but I just want to be clear.

As to the question: any time you click in the footnote (or endnote) editing area you should always see the note tag icon in the bottom-right part of your document window:
tag.png
tag.png (9.19 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
The note tag is the little green asterisk icon (the leftmost icon). If you don't see the note tag icon, you may not be in the footnotes area.

Let us know how things go.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

As an aside, you can also convert all footnotes to endnotes (and vice versa) using the contextual menu:

1. Click into any footnote (or endnote) editing area.
2. Select All (this selects all footnotes/endnotes in the whole document, not just those in the immediate editing area).
3. Right-click (or control-click) to show the contextual menu and choose "Convert to Endnote"