Missing button?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
pastorabbott

Missing button?

Post by pastorabbott »

Upgraded to Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.1 when I got new mac with Lion. There used to be a button along the top edge that displayed / hid the toolbar. Can't find the button among the custom items that can be added to the toolbar. And what is worse, there is no keyboard shortcut to do this either, so every time I want to hide/display the toolbar I have to go to the menu and select. I'm working on a 13" laptop to screen space is important. I often hide the toolbar then when I need it open it up. Any suggestions?
goldste4

Re: Missing button?

Post by goldste4 »

Hello Pastorabbot,

You can add a keyboard shortcut for any menu item, including one to toggle the toolbar on and off. The following should work:
  • on the menu bar at top, go to Nisus Writer Pro > Preferences . . .
  • select Menu Keys in the Preferences Panel
  • select View > Toolbar > Show Toolbar from the columns of menu items
  • click in the little empty box on the right underneath Show toolbar and they hit the key combination you want to use as the shortcut
  • click Set
That should do it!

Hope that helps.
Josh
JHB

Post by JHB »

I think you mean the "lozenge" that was in all standard applications that had toolbars. It's one of the things that disappeared in the Lion re-working of the interface. So it's not something that would ever have been in the customise toolbar sheet, as it was never actually in the toolbar, but in the title bar.

As far as I see it, the options (apart from the menu bar View > Toolbar > Show Toolbar) are either to right-click the toolbar and choose "Hide toolbar" (one less level than from the menu bar), or go with a keyboard shortcut, as was described above.

John
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

John is correct: Lion removed the show/hide toolbar "lozenge" button from all applications. And Josh's suggestion of adding your own keyboard shortcut to the relevant menu command is definitely the best solution. Thanks everyone!
pastorabbott

Post by pastorabbott »

Thanks for all your help. Too bad the "lozenge" button went away. And thanks for the step by step to add a custom keyboard shortcut. Peace