1.3 bug?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Ruchama

1.3 bug?

Post by Ruchama »

While working in Hebrew in Nisus, if nisus is left open, and hebrew is the selected language, and the computer goes to sleep, the language is switched to English after waking up. We have noticed this only with NWP 1.3 .
Can someone reproduce this behavior? is it the same in other non-english languages? is this something that can be controlled somehow? or is it a bug?

thanks.

p.s. OS 10.4.11
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: 1.3 bug?

Post by martin »

Hi Ruchama- to make sure, do you mean that the language attribute applied to your text incorrectly switches to English, or does the keyboard layout revert to a US/English layout?
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

Sorry for not being clear. Nothing changes in the already typed text (luckily..) only the keyboard layout switches. Meaning - when you start typing after the computer wakes up, your keyboard is english and you have to switch back. It is, of course, not a disaster, but it is somewhat annoying. We have not noticed this before. By the way, it happens occasionally also during work, but we have not yet figured out the exact conditions/sequence for that. Will let you know when it is clear.

(hebrew classic file conversion works great.. :) )
thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ruchama wrote:Sorry for not being clear. Nothing changes in the already typed text (luckily..) only the keyboard layout switches. Meaning - when you start typing after the computer wakes up, your keyboard is english and you have to switch back.
Thanks for the clarification. I just tried it on my 10.4.11 machine and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I tried putting the machine to sleep with NWP as both the active and inactive application, but in both cases the keyboard layout was Hebrew when entering text. I should say that I put my computer to sleep explicitly using the Apple menu- perhaps that makes a difference?
By the way, it happens occasionally also during work, but we have not yet figured out the exact conditions/sequence for that. Will let you know when it is clear.
That would be great, thank you. Perhaps the sleeping computer doesn't trigger the problem after all.
(hebrew classic file conversion works great.. :) )
thanks.
Ah excellent, and thank you for spending the time to help us improve that!