Keynote 4 and linkback?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
garyrob

Keynote 4 and linkback?

Post by garyrob »

Hi,

I'm trying to use linkback with Keynote 4. I installed the plugin from http://linkback.nisus.com/2007/09/04/ke ... n-updated/. I use command-c to copy a slide or object in Keynote, and command-v to paste it into Nisus Writer Pro.

But the objects in NWP appear to be plain old graphics or text (depending on the type of object); double clicking on them does not bring me back to Keynote.

What am I doing wrong -- or does this plug-in no longer work?

Also -- is there a version for the Keynote that comes with iWork '09?

Thanks,
Gary

xiamenese

Re: Keynote 4 and linkback?

Post by xiamenese »

garyrob wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to use linkback with Keynote 4. I installed the plugin from http://linkback.nisus.com/2007/09/04/ke ... n-updated/. I use command-c to copy a slide or object in Keynote, and command-v to paste it into Nisus Writer Pro.

But the objects in NWP appear to be plain old graphics or text (depending on the type of object); double clicking on them does not bring me back to Keynote.

What am I doing wrong -- or does this plug-in no longer work?

Also -- is there a version for the Keynote that comes with iWork '09?

Thanks,
Gary
Someone more knowledgeable than me might come in here, but am I not right in suspecting that Keynote is only a linkback client and not a linkback server? If so, in Keynote you will be able to open graphics pasted in from a server application like OmniGraffle in the original application by double-clicking on them, but if the graphic was not from a linkback server, or if it's text copied from Keynote and pasted into NWP, it won't re-open Keynote.

My memory says that there is an updated linkback version for Keynote 4, but that's on my other machine, not this, so I can't test.

Mark

martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm also no expert on this, but I think Mark is right that Keynote can only hold LinkBack content, not provide it.

MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

What aboaut a plugin for Keynote 5? The old plugin for Keynote 4 does not work with Keynote 5.
Peter Edwardsson