Tables/pages' numbers

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jester

Tables/pages' numbers

Post by Jester »

Hello lads and gals!

I've been a Nisus user for ca. 3 years, and I love it. I have Pro, and it is so much easier to use than Word.

Anyhow, can you please help me with this?

I want to insert tables that, how can I put it, go in a left-to-right manner. Normally tables go from the top to the bottom. The problem is that I usually need to include large amounts of text in the tables for my lessons, so it'd be much better if I could do that (i.e. having the table in an horizontal manner, not vertical). Hope I'm explaining myself here.

Also, is there a way to start a new document from a page that is not one? i.e. can I start a new document with page say, 88? And then to have it automatically numbered from said number?

Thanks a lot! :D
Hamid

Re: Tables/pages' numbers

Post by Hamid »

Jester wrote: [...]
I want to insert tables that, how can I put it, go in a left-to-right manner. Normally tables go from the top to the bottom. The problem is that I usually need to include large amounts of text in the tables for my lessons, so it'd be much better if I could do that (i.e. having the table in an horizontal manner, not vertical). Hope I'm explaining myself here.
You can achieve that by setting page setup to landscape.
Jester wrote:Also, is there a way to start a new document from a page that is not one? i.e. can I start a new document with page say, 88? And then to have it automatically numbered from said number?
Thanks a lot! :D
Switch to Sections palette group and enter ‘88’ in the Restart Page Number box as shown:
Attachments
RestartPageNumber.png
RestartPageNumber.png (24.75 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Jester

Re: Tables/pages' numbers

Post by Jester »

You have no idea how much you've helped Hamid, thank you so very much!