Underline to Bold

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
gemboy27

Underline to Bold

Post by gemboy27 »

I have some documents that have underlined text that I want to change to bold

Is there a way to do this...>? The text that is underlined varies... so I need to only search by formating and change that formating

If this has been answered before sorry, did a quick search but couldn't find it.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
phspaelti

Re: Underline to Bold

Post by phspaelti »

Hello gemboy,

If you want to find the underlines in your text you should be able to do this by placing the cursor in a text with an underline and clicking on the "a" in the status bar at the bottom of the window, and choose "Select all in Font". You can then switch them all to Bold easily.

If you want to inspect all the instances that are selected in this way first, you can use the command Edit > Select > Show Selections in Result Window. This will allow you to jump to any instance easily. Also you can select a sub-set of the "results" and apply/change the formatting of just those items.
philip
gemboy27

Post by gemboy27 »

Thank YOU

Worked like a charm
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks to Philip for posting a quick and easy solution. The little "font tag" can be a good solution for simple formatting searches.

I'll also link to our FAQ on how to search for formatting, in case this comes up for any other users, or more complex situations arise. Nisus Writer has a lot of different ways to find formatting. The Formatting Examiner palette is probably the best all-encompassing solution to match various kinds of formatting in your document.