Center and Right Alignment Buttons

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
taphouston

Center and Right Alignment Buttons

Post by taphouston »

In the Paragraph palette dock, the functions of the center and right alignment buttons are reversed. When I click the center button, the cursor aligns to the right and when I click the right alignment button, the cursor aligns to the center. The shortcut keys work but I tend to use the palette dock more. Is there something I am missing, a fix to the issue, or should I just get accustomed to clicking the wrong button?
Amontillado

Re: Center and Right Alignment Buttons

Post by Amontillado »

This may be local to your installation - the buttons work as expected here.

Could it be an icon cache issue, displaying the wrong image?

The order of the buttons I see is left, center, right, and fully justified. If you don't see them in that order, maybe the icons are being presented incorrectly as opposed to the wrong functionality associated with the icon - the right function but with the wrong graphical image.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This mixup with the alignment buttons was actually caused by some changes macOS made for Apple Silicon. The bug only occurred on new Macs with the M1 chip.

We fixed this issue in the most recent versions of Nisus Writer. Please update to Nisus Writer Pro version 3.2.1 (or Express 4.2.1) if you haven't already.
taphouston

Post by taphouston »

I've updated to the latest version and have reinstalled the app but the buttons are still reversed.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Are you using the version of Nisus Writer Pro from the Mac App Store? That would explain why you are still seeing the icon reversal. Apparently only the direct release (from nisus.com) included this last minute fix. The App Store version had already been approved for release by Apple and so wasn't rescinded and updated for this single minor issue. The App Store version will include this fix the next time there's a Nisus Writer update. I'm sorry for the confusion.