Choice of colour for StrikeThrough, &c

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
paieye

Choice of colour for StrikeThrough, &c

Post by paieye »

I am using Version 3.2.1. Can some kind person tell me in the very simplest terms (!) how to show changes that I make to text when I am editing in a different colour ?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Choice of colour for StrikeThrough, &c

Post by martin »

The very simplest way to highlight your editing changes is to turn on tracked changes. This is an all encompassing feature that tracks text deletions, additions, and replacements, as well as any formatting changes. You'll see each change automatically marked on screen using the current author's color (yellow by default). Tracked changes can be enabled and controlled in Nisus Writer in a variety of ways, but the simplest is to toggle the menu Tools > Track Changes > Track Changes so it shows as checkmarked.

But maybe you don't want all bells and whistles of full change tracking? If you're really only asking about changing the strikethrough color, so you can manually mark text as stricken, you can do so via the Character palette. Once you turn on strikethrough for some text you'll see a color swatch next to the strikethrough line style in the palette. It looks like this:
strike.png
strike.png (67.46 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
The above screenshot shows that I've applied a red color to my strikethrough. You can click the color swatch to show the color wheel and pick the desired color. You can also access the same color wheel via the main menu Format > Strikethrough > Show Strikethrough Colors.

I hope that helps!
paieye

Re: Choice of colour for StrikeThrough, &c

Post by paieye »

Thank you !