No License key for App Store, so how to I get out of demo mode?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
paularenson

No License key for App Store, so how to I get out of demo mode?

Post by paularenson »

Hi just bought Pro after using the Demo. When I clicked on startup to register, it told me that people who bought on the app store (for 8000 yen) don't have licenses. That it is linked to my account. But it seems the message to register still pops up. What is the solution?

Thanks
Vanceone

Re: No License key for App Store, so how to I get out of demo mode?

Post by Vanceone »

One of the FAQ's suggests that after opening Nisus, go to the Nisus Writer Pro menu and click on "purchase Nisus Writer". At hat point, Nisus will detect the App Store purchase and, presumably, no longer be in demo mode.

Worth a shot! Also, if you do have further issues I know Martin can straighten you out.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: No License key for App Store, so how to I get out of demo mode?

Post by martin »

paularenson wrote: 2021-03-20 17:07:19 Hi just bought Pro after using the Demo. When I clicked on startup to register, it told me that people who bought on the app store (for 8000 yen) don't have licenses. That it is linked to my account. But it seems the message to register still pops up. What is the solution?

Thanks
If you purchased Nisus Writer through the Mac App Store, then it's true that there is no license key. As with all other App Store software, you simply download Nisus Writer from the App Store. The software is tied to your Apple ID (Apple login) and never asks for a license key.

If you see any kind of alert to enter a license key, then it means you have a copy of Nisus Writer that came directly from Nisus Software. Since you purchased from the App Store, you do not need this direct copy. You can delete the unwanted copy, and re-download Nisus Writer from the App Store using your Apple ID.

Please let us know if you still have any questions or troubles.