InfoClick 1.2 Release Notes
This version adds several new features and fixes a few bugs.
Note: the first time you use this version, your database will be rebuilt.
- Searches can be saved, named, and later reactivated.
- Search history is automatically kept and made available on the menu.
- Any number of email folders can be indexed.
- Added preferences to control:
- How often scans for new emails occur.
- How aggressive (slow vs fast) indexing should be.
- Which fonts are used for display.
- Zoom the results list, email preview, and notes using menu commands and their keyboard shortcuts.
- Requires: Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
- InfoClick's email preview will now show attached images.
- Easily clear the active search by using a menu command or its keyboard shortcut.
- Changed: hyphenated words should be indexed completely, in addition to each part being indexed.
- All parts of the domain in an email addresses should be indexed.
- Improved Feedback Reporter.
- Fixed: some sent messages were no longer indexed as "Sent Emails".
- Fixed: should automatically detect the new sandboxed Apple Mail folder location, if it exists.
- Added: once initial indexing is complete, we should alert the user via the OSX notification center.
- Changed: background HTML decoding process should be terminated when indexing is not in progress.
- Fixed: if user types a search term and presses Return before the completion list has finished loading, the term should be inserted instead of cleared.
- Changed: notes: the preview for an InfoClick note should show both the date created and modified.
- Fixed: notes: date searches could conflate components of different dates (eg: date created vs modified), producing erroneous results.
- Fixed: notes: InfoClick notes should be reindexed from disk if the file changes externally.
- Changed: deleting an InfoClick note should close its document window.
- Fixed: activating the app should not create a search window if any other window is already showing.
- Fixed: clicking into a search field could incorrectly show and then quickly hide the completion list.
- Added: the last used file type in the Export As panel should be remembered and restored.
- Fixed: malformed URLs with two-letter domains improperly starting with a period (eg: http://.uk/slug) could cause errors.
- Fixed: notes: wildly incorrect dates saved in InfoClick note files should be ignored (eg: the year 35 AD).
- Fixed: fixed some issues with folder snapshots.
- Changed: improved error reporting for file streams.
- Updated several backend frameworks (Sparkle, MailCore, NisusCore, etc).