InfoClick 1.1 Release Notes
Version 1.1 adds new features while also addressing some important issues.
Note: when you first upgrade to this version, your database will require rebuilding.
- Allows searching by Apple Mail accounts, mailboxes, and folders.
- Negated searches allow finding items that do not contain a particular selector (eg: word, contact, etc).
You can negate a search term by typing an exclamation mark before you type the term (eg: "!pluto" searches for all emails that do not contain the word "pluto").
When the completion list is shown, you can insert a negated completion bubble by holding down the Option/Alt key as you select a completion.
You can also negate an already inserted bubble via its contextual menu.
- Can search for emails in trash folders using a "Trashed Emails" selector.
- Added "Email" menu to the main menu bar with some convenient commands like Reply and Forward.
- Added: results listing shows Apple Mail account and enclosing mailbox.
- Added: user can change which table columns are shown in the results list.
- Opt: responds quicker when typing text into search fields, as completions are generated in the background.
- Fixed: changed the way data is stored on disk to avoid creating very large files which could lead to crashes.
- Fixed: if Apple's HTML decoder hangs/crashes, InfoClick should restart the external decoder and try again.
- Fixed: emails with exotic characters or improperly noted text encodings could import/index incorrectly.
Changed: when rebuilding a database entirely InfoClick should prevent the computer from idle sleep so that the rebuild can continue overnight.
Normal scans (ie: incremental updates) do not prevent sleeping.
- Fixed: running sandboxed on OSX 10.8.2 can fail to open emails in Apple Mail after the Mac restarts.
- Changed: moved the "Clear Search" button and results count to the top of the query area.
- Changed: better choices for sub-sorting the results list (eg: sorting by item kind should sub-sort by subject).
- Changed: the operators (NOT, OR, etc) shown in search bubbles are colored yellow to help them stand out.
- Changed: the "Text" search field should also search parts of URLs found in text content/subject.
- Fixed: URLs should be detected in the email subject, not just the body text.
- Fixed: display order for the item type list (eg: email, junk email, note, etc) was wrong.
- Fixed: notes: should index notes after indexing emails, in case the notes contain links using message ids.
- Fixed: ugly flickering in the completion list possible when choosing alternatives from an "OR" style list.
- Fixed: if the bottom of any completion list would be displayed off screen, its height should be decreased.
- Fixed: notes: if InfoClick notes have a cycle of links between one another, can cause a crash when indexing.