Preferences File (Settings)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
wawe26

Preferences File (Settings)

Post by wawe26 »

Hi

We have Nisus on several Macs in a little network with a server. From time to time I change some settings, add text to the glossary or create new shortcuts.
First I do this on my Mac (as an administrator) to test it.

It would be helpful, if I could later do the same changes on the others macs without doing all steps again on every machine. Is it possible just to copy my Nisus(-setting-)file to the other machines by replacing the old file? And if so, where do I find this file? Or is there another, better solution?

Greetings
Peter
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Preferences File (Settings)

Post by martin »

Yes indeed, there are files you can copy/transfer to duplicate the changes you've made, it just depends on which settings you're trying to duplicate. All of the relevant files will be in your user/home folder, but there are several:

~/Preferences/com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist
This single file stores most preferences not otherwise separated out into their own file. This includes most of the "regular" simple settings you can adjust in the NWP preference panes, eg: keyboard shortcuts, appearance settings, general settings, etc.

~/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro/
This folder contains a variety of specialized/detailed settings that are stored in separate files. For example, all your new document settings are stored in the template "Nisus New File.dot", and all your language settings are stored in individual files in the "Languages" subfolder. You asked about glossaries, which are stored in the "Glossaries" subfolder.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions about where a specific setting might be stored, please let us know.