Help! Stuck on "Typesetting Text" and other problems

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
zoobis

Help! Stuck on "Typesetting Text" and other problems

Post by zoobis »

Hello,

A few days ago, a problem started happening with one of my documents--the program hangs on "type setting text" and in doing so, many of the tools, etc won't open. I also now have a document that won't open. How can I fix this?
dshan

Re: Help! Stuck on "Typesetting Text" and other problems

Post by dshan »

What version of Mac OS X are you using? What language is the OS using? PPC or Intel Macintosh?

Was the document created in NWP or another app (e.g. Word)? Is it an rtf format document or some other format? What language(s) is the document using?

From your description it sounds like it used to open okay in NWP but now doesn't, so what changed in the document between when it last opened okay and now?

Is it a large document? Does it contain just text, or images as well? Footnotes, endnotes, etc.?

Do you have a backup of an older version of the document from when it did open okay?

Finally, have you checked the logs (Console utility) to see if NWP is logging any messages while trying to open the document?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Help! Stuck on "Typesetting Text" and other problems

Post by martin »

Thanks dshan, for trying to help out by asking some of those pertinent questions. Zoobis has contacted us privately so we have some of the answers, but I've requested some more information from him. Hopefully we can solve this for him.