NWP chrash with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
valtermaggi

NWP chrash with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71

Post by valtermaggi »

Ciao at all.
In the last two weeks, after the last upgrade of Sonoma, the NWP app crash after I scroll pages and try to write new sentences. I reinstall the NWP app downloading form the website (made today), but still crashing when I work.
Did you have some idea about this trouble?
Thank you in advance
Valter
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: NWP chrash with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71

Post by martin »

I'm sorry for the crashes Valter. We already communicated with you via email about this issue, which is indeed related to macOS Sonoma. It's an issue we're tracking related footnotes/endnotes.

There will eventually be another Nisus Writer Pro software update to address the issue, since Nisus Writer Pro version 3.4 is still affected. If anyone encounters a crash on Sonoma please contact us privately for access to another beta version. You can write to us at:
David Sharp

Re: NWP chrash with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71

Post by David Sharp »

Does this mean that NWP users such as myself should still hold off from updating?

I'm quite happy to do so, as I don't know of any features provided by Sonoma that I actually need right now. I'll only update now if there are security issues that make it strongly advisable. I'm currently running Ventura 13.6.2 and NWP 3.4 on my MacBook M2 Pro.

Best wishes to all for 2024