one more for outline

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
soliphint

one more for outline

Post by soliphint »

I currently type my lecture notes and manscripts in Mellel for one basic reason. Any long document can be easily navigated by way of their outline. Once outlined, a document's headings are shown on the left pane, and moving to a particular section is as easy as clicking on the heading at the left. Not only so, but moving an entire section is as easy as selecting the headings and cutting and pasting them elsewhere.

This is invaluable to me and I can't see switching to something that wouldn't have such a feature.
George the Flea

Post by George the Flea »

This would be a really cool feature. I've been using Scrivener for this kind of outline functionality, but I would love to see it in Nisus.
George the Flea
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

If you look at this screenshot of the upcoming Nisus Writer Pro, then you should be able to spot the document map feature you've requested.
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

I've seen that screenshot. It does not look to me like it is a functional outline, but it would be great if that is what it is. I don't see 'improved outline' listed as a new feature in Pro, so I am assuming there will be no change.
Patrick J

Post by Patrick J »

soliphint wrote:I've seen that screenshot. It does not look to me like it is a functional outline, but it would be great if that is what it is. I don't see 'improved outline' listed as a new feature in Pro, so I am assuming there will be no change.
My guess is that you're right about this, it looks very like the document map in Word. I'll be very glad to have it as I do like the document map in Word. This will enable you to move to a particular section by clicking on heading at the left but will not allow moving sections around as you described can happen with Mellel. That does sound like a good thing to have.
Patrick