numbering pages

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Blaize Clement

numbering pages

Post by Blaize Clement »

I'm having trouble getting automatic page numbering to sequentially number pages in a document. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I'm following the same procedure each time. I enter the desired starting number, and click automatic numbering. If I'm lucky, the numbers after the first page are in sequence. If I'm not, they're identical to the number on the first page. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Let me make sure I understand: you're inserting the numbers into the header of your document using the menu Insert > Automatic Number > Page Number? Do you have section breaks in your document that might be restarting the numbering at some point?
Blaize Clement

numbering pages

Post by Blaize Clement »

Yes, that's how I do it. No section breaks or page breaks. If I begin with number 1, it works, but if I begin a document with, say 22, every page in the document will be 22.
Blaize Clement

page numbering

Post by Blaize Clement »

Today I no longer have a problem with numbering. Either evil spirits invaded my program yesterday, or I was doing something dumb.
Patrick J

Re: page numbering

Post by Patrick J »

Blaize Clement wrote:Today I no longer have a problem with numbering. Either evil spirits invaded my program yesterday, or I was doing something dumb.
It was evil spirits. I'm certain of this because I get them as well.
Patrick
gobble

Post by gobble »

Hi, I've been trying for some time and don't seem to get it: how can I automatically number pages with the numbers falling center bottom of each page? any suggestion welcome .. ciao
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

1. Click in the footer region.
2. Use the menu Insert > Automatic Number > Page Number.
3. Use the menu Format > Paragraph Alignment > Center.