draft view by default

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Reiner

draft view by default

Post by Reiner »

if you start an already existing rtf-file for the first time nwx it always is shown in page view. is there a possibility to set the standard view to draft view?

if there is no possibility for that I would like to add this as a feature request.
gemboy27

I think so

Post by gemboy27 »

Not totally sure of the question

if you have a file: Work.rtf

and you save it while in draft view, it will open in draft view

if you want your new file to default to draft view you need to open it (in preferences) and save it (Nisus New File.dot) in draft view and then new files will open in draft view
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

gemboy is on the right track. You should be able to adjust the default document view in your preferences, eg:

1. Open the preferences in Express.
2. Go to the New Document pane.
3. If it is not already selected, click the View tab.
4. Change the View popup menu to Draft View.

There are two caveats:

1. RTF does have a way to save whether a file was last in Page or Draft view. So these files of yours may already have this information saved in them, even if they have never touched Express. If they do, then the default document view will not be applied.
2. There is actually a bug in 2.6.1 that makes all this irrelevant. Eg: Express always uses Page view if an existing file does not specify a view. I've seen that this will be fixed for our upcoming upgrade (free).
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

martin wrote: 2. There is actually a bug in 2.6.1 that makes all this irrelevant. Eg: Express always uses Page view if an existing file does not specify a view. I've seen that this will be fixed for our upcoming upgrade (free).
everything what you write was totally clear for me. I just meant the situation you mentiond as the bug in 2.6.1 so everything with this "problem" will be OK with 2.7.