Beta Copy "expired"?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
ninjagame

Beta Copy "expired"?

Post by ninjagame »

After experimenting for 2(?) days with NWX2.6b3 I keep getting the following message: "This beta copy of Nisus Writer Express has expired. Please visit our web-site at http://www.nisus.com for an updated version." Doing as advised won't help: I tried to open a freshly downloaded version but even on the first startup the message reappeared and the only option seems to be "Quit". What happened, folks?? What am I doing wrong?
Have other users experienced the same effect?

Cheers anyway,

ninjagame
philippe99

Post by philippe99 »

Yes, 2 days was also the life time of this beta.

Please, Dave, I agree to see the reminder about " a new release is available" but I do not like at all the way that beta expired..

Phil
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Sorry about the early expiration folks. Beta 3 was not meant to expire so quickly, but we've uploaded beta 4 and made sure it stays good for a while.
ninjagame

NWE 2.6b4

Post by ninjagame »

Thanks a lot. Beta 4 seems to be working fine so far.

Not that I'd mind as long as I can get my work done - but just out of curiosity: How many other betas are there going to be until the final version?

ninjagame
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It's hard to say exactly how many betas we'll need, since the beta process involves discovering bugs that we weren't aware of. However, with the way things are going I don't think there will be too many more betas before the final is available.
ninjagame

Thx

Post by ninjagame »

Thanks Martin, for he reply. I'm just being curious. I'm looking forward to getting the final. I'm really happy to have NWE. It's a great project! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

ninjagame
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Thx

Post by martin »

ninjagame wrote:If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Thanks for the offer, I do appreciate any help from a gracious user. Since I see you're from Hamburg, could you take a look at the new German localization in beta 5?
ninjagame

German localization

Post by ninjagame »

Hi Martin,

I downloaded the beta5 and a after quick look into the German localization I'd say it's fine with only minor glitches like some sub-menues not translated or one or two spelling errors. For a more detailed report I'll have to take a closer look which I'd like to postpone until the weekend! Would that be OK?
BTW: Is there a way to "switch" localizations? (For example if for some reason I do want to work with the US localization instead of the German one?) Having a Japanese girlfriend sometimes leads to funny ideas... :wink:

ninjagame
Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus

Re: German localization

Post by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus »

ninjagame wrote: Is there a way to "switch" localizations?
Get info on the application and uncheck the languages you don't want to use. Otherwise, the app will default to whichever language your system is set to.
PowerPC; Mac OS 10.5.8; NWP 1.4
ninjagame

Post by ninjagame »

Thanks, that did it!

ninjagame
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: German localization

Post by martin »

ninjagame wrote:For a more detailed report I'll have to take a closer look which I'd like to postpone until the weekend! Would that be OK?
Absolutely, just send your thoughts to expressfeedback@nisus.com. Thanks for the help ninjagame.