InfoClick Crashes While Indexing

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
jlev

InfoClick Crashes While Indexing

Post by jlev »

I am running InfoClick on a M3 Pro MBP using Sonoma 14.1.1, and the app continually crashes while it indexes my emails. I have submitted crash report upon crash report and emailed Nisus support multiple times. I have received no help to date and do not know what to do except look for another app to accomplish the task. Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh, I also downloaded the app again. Thanks in advance.
oldMac

Re: InfoClick Crashes While Indexing

Post by oldMac »

I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it just crashed. I have about 400k emails and it gets about a 1/3 of the way in and then it crashes...
oldMac

Post by oldMac »

I just sent an email to the developer about a bug. I'm using Sonoma 14.1.1 and problem started when I upgraded to this OS version....
jlev

Post by jlev »

@oldmac: I have sent my logs to Nisus Support; I am waiting to hear back from them. They did tell me InfoClick is compatible with Sonoma; my experience says otherwise.
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

I recently started using Sonoma. Today I tried to run InfoClick. I've had three crashes so far, and do not intend to try again. I have submitted crash reports to Nisus. Hopefully Martin will have time to look into the problem.
stevek

Post by stevek »

Updated M2 MacBook Air to macOS Sonoma 14.2. InfoClick 1.2.8 "Rebuild Database" ran to completion. No crash. (Had crashed without completing in all previous versions of Sonoma).
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry about the crashes.

stevek has good advice for this situation, if you're using macOS Sonoma. Please try updating your Mac to the latest system version (macOS 14.2.1). That will likely fix any recent InfoClick crashes, which can be triggered by system text decoding issues. The text content in certain emails could cause these crashes on Sonoma. Apple appears to have fixed the underlying problem.