spellcheck glitch

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ngazidja

spellcheck glitch

Post by ngazidja »

Hi, I'm having problems with my spellchecker. I have my document set to British English but the spellchecker isn't picking up some American spellings, eg, labor (instead of UK labour), traveled, although it is picking up others (eg organization), and it's not objecting to any UK spellings - once corrected to "labour", "travelled", these pass as correct. I've been through all the possible solutions, relaunching NWP, of course, but this does nothing, nor does "unlearn" (the option isn't offered). Anyone any suggestions?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: spellcheck glitch

Post by martin »

Have you checked that the spelling dictionary is correct for the language that's applied to your document text? For example: the Language menu/palette may have the "English (British)" language applied, but what spelling dictionary is set for this language?

You can check this in your Nisus Writer preferences, in the Languages pane. You'll want to select the desired language from the list on the left side, and then confirm the spelling option from the settings on the right side. If your current spelling dictionary is too permissible, or does a bad job with certain UK/US idiosyncrasies, you could try a different suitable spelling dictionary.