Automated indents

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Anne Cuneo

Automated indents

Post by Anne Cuneo »

I have had this problem since NWE1, I have complained about it several times, it's still there, which disappoints me.
1) I set an automatic indent for new paragraphs.
2) I start a new text, and there it is: the paragraph starts 1 cm from the left margin as asked. The indent is OK.
3) I save the document and reopen it. The original indent is still there. But the line above it, i.e. the last line of the preceeding paragraph, is also indented.
Like this:
" Pourtant, je me souviens parfaitement de ce matin-là. Il faisait un temps de chien et on ne parlait que de catastrophes naturelles. Le monde avait soit de l’eau jusqu’aux aisselles, soit de la neige jusqu’aux yeux; il n’était question que de désastres climatiques, et à voir ce qui arrivait, je me disais que ceux qui niaient le réchauffement de la planète étaient d’une
indécence qui dépassait les bornes.
J’étais au beau milieu d’une analyse financière compliquée, j’avais un délai à tenir. Un enquêteur bernois, "

It's not perfect because I didn't manage to insert an image of it actually having happened in a text, but I hope you get the idea. I would like to understand why this is happening, for I am now introducing paragraph indents by hand, one by one. Maybe somebody has a suggestion.[/img][/i]
Anne
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

I just noticed all indents have disappeared in the post. :cry:
I hope my problem is clear all the same...
Anne
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Anne:

This issue is caused by a problem in Cocoa that will sometimes display the last line of a paragraph using the indent set for the first line of the paragraph. We have confirmed this issue with Apple and they have fixed it in Cocoa under Tiger. In the meantime, we are working on a fix in Nisus Writer for users in Panther.

Currently the best work around is to manually insert tabs for the first line.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

Thank you for your advice, Charles. I had already resorted to that solution after realizing the problem was still there in 2.1.1. Let's hope...
Anne