Numbered table-rows

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
paieye

Numbered table-rows

Post by paieye »

How can I achieve the above ?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Numbered table-rows

Post by martin »

The easiest solution (and the one with the most amount of control) is to add a table column with list numbers. Each row in this column would have a single list item number, where the numbering increases as you move down the table. The only trick is to make sure the applied list style has the option "continue numbering across document content" check-marked in your style sheet. I would probably add a new custom list style to your document that is used exclusively for this purpose.

You could also use the menu View > Line Numbers > Show Paragraph Numbers This Section. Each table row is numbered as if it is a single paragraph. The problems with this approach are that you'll need to manage document sections around the table, and that you won't be able to manipulate numbering options as easily as with list styles.

I hope that helps!
paieye

Post by paieye »

Thank you, and I have inserted a new column to the left of my table. Could you kindly just tell me what the steps are from there ?
paieye

Post by paieye »

Ignore that, I have worked it out ! Thank you again.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Great, I'm glad to hear it!
paieye

Post by paieye »

On 2nd thoughts, can you kindly tell me how to achieve this step-by-step ? My table has got about 20+ rows, and there is a left-hand column awaiting numbers.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

1. Add the column on the left (You've already done that.)
  2. Place your selection in this column and select the column. (You can do this with <shift><command>A)
  3. Choose New List Style…
  4. Choose the "Numbered" option and check that "Continue through Document" is checked. Give it a name like "Table Numbering"
This should give you a numbered column. You can adjust the numbering format in the list style.
philip
paieye

Post by paieye »

Perfection,thank you !