Annoying behavior in new version of Nisus Pro

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Simeon

Annoying behavior in new version of Nisus Pro

Post by Simeon »

There is a behavior in the new version of Nisus Pro which is systemic rather than in just one document, which is as follows:

When a document is opened, some kind of counting occurs (you can see the progress in the bottom bar of the document) which prevents scrolling down the document until the counting is done. If a formatting change is done (for instance, changing the font size or style in a paragraph) the counting begins again, preventing normal scrolling. This can get real annoying and prevents the normal flow of writing and editing. Could you look into this?

Another anomoly since the update is that certain basic words, usually prepositions like "of," "by," and similar words are underlined in documents, as if the dictionary doesn't recognize them. By clicking in the word and retyping part of it, the line goes away. But it is not seemingly included in the dictionary. This did not occur in the previous version of Nisus.

Thank you for the support you offer and for an excellent product.
Brother Simeon
Light of the Spirit Monastery
ocoy.org
lightofthespiritpress.com
Simeon

Re: Annoying behavior in new version of Nisus Pro

Post by Simeon »

We just noticed that the underlining of prepositions is also occuring in Mac Mail, so this may not be a Nisus issue. Thanks
Brother Simeon
ocoy.org
aghazzawi

Post by aghazzawi »

Yes. I am also annoyed by this re-counting of pages and waiting without work until it finishes. Some of my files are 500+ pages. It takes a long time. I second the request. Please look into it and rid of it.Thanks.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Simeon wrote: 2018-12-20 12:06:35 There is a behavior in the new version of Nisus Pro which is systemic rather than in just one document, which is as follows:

When a document is opened, some kind of counting occurs (you can see the progress in the bottom bar of the document) which prevents scrolling down the document until the counting is done. If a formatting change is done (for instance, changing the font size or style in a paragraph) the counting begins again, preventing normal scrolling. This can get real annoying and prevents the normal flow of writing and editing. Could you look into this?
Hello friends,

Regarding this issue, I have heard of no solution. :( Is one immanent?

If not, I need to consider downgrading to a pre-3.0. Can you suggest the best way to do so?
Brother Simeon
ocoy.org
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Simeon wrote: 2019-02-05 08:34:02 Regarding this issue, I have heard of no solution. :( Is one immanent?
We do plan to address the distracting repagination indicators in Page View. There's no solution available yet, but we are developing some now that could be ready as soon as the next software update. If you're interested in perhaps getting access to a beta version (before it's made available publicly) please write to us privately at:
If not, I need to consider downgrading to a pre-3.0. Can you suggest the best way to do so?
If you want to revert to an earlier version you can download one from our Nisus Writer Pro version archive.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Hello Martin, thanks for the prompt reply.

If this will be addressed soon, we will wait for the update. We will pass on the beta, as we are not good at dealing with potential bugs.

Thanks for being aware of this issue.

Brother Simeon
Brother Simeon
ocoy.org
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Simeon wrote: 2018-12-20 12:06:35If a formatting change is done (for instance, changing the font size or style in a paragraph) the counting begins again, preventing normal scrolling. This can get real annoying and prevents the normal flow of writing and editing. Could you look into this?
Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.2 fixes this issue. Page View will no longer show distracting indicators that typesetting and repagination may be in progress in the background. The scrollbar location and page count should remain stable after editing.
certain basic words, usually prepositions like "of," "by," and similar words are underlined in documents, as if the dictionary doesn't recognize them
Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.2 also works around this bug in Mojave, where words the system grammar checker thinks are improperly used are incorrectly flagged as spelling mistakes. We reported the bug to Apple, but we also found a workaround so Nisus Writer can identify these inappropriate markings and filter them out.