Libre Office problem

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rsutc

Libre Office problem

Post by rsutc »

Starting recently on a move to a new machine, any time I start NisusWriterPro I get a dialog box saying
LibreOffice5.0 - Fatal Error
The Application cannot be started
User Installation could not be completed

Can someone enlighten?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Libre Office problem

Post by martin »

First, to give you some background information related to this situation, Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) uses a LibreOffice-based file converter. We use this converter to help us import and export some file formats like DOCX and ODT. Usually when you start NWP, this converter is also started in the background, in case you need to use such file formats in NWP.

For whatever reason, this converter is having trouble starting itself on your Mac. That's why you are seeing the warning alert when you start NWP.

The immediate way to prevent the alert from appearing is to change your NWP preferences so that our converter is not started automatically when you start NWP. You can find the option to control that in NWP's Advanced preferences. Of course that won't solve the underlying problem; it will only prevent the alert from appearing until the converter is actually required. But perhaps it will improve your experience, if you don't often require file conversions.

To diagnose the underlying issue, could you please use the menu Help > Send Feedback and send us a report? Please do so just after you dismiss the warning alert. When you submit your report, please be sure to checkmark the option to send along your "console log"– hopefully it will contain useful diagnostic information.

Thank you for your help, and sorry about the trouble.
rsutc

Post by rsutc »

OK, done and sent.

Rick
rsutc

Post by rsutc »

So, is there an answer to this?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We sent a reply to your feedback report on March 17th, in an effort to help resolve this problem, but never heard back from you. I'll resend the email. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It looks like our last email to you was rejected. Your email host said:

Code: Select all

451 Temporarily unable to process your email. Please try again later
We could try yet again, but maybe you have another email address where we can reach you? Please email us directly and let us know via:
rsutc

Post by rsutc »

I sent the required info with email addresses a few days ago, but have not heard back.
rsutc

Post by rsutc »

Still haven't heard from you. I did send other email addresses to the requested address.
rsutc

Post by rsutc »

I re-sent the requested data dumps but still have not heard anything on this bug.