Problem with Section Break (No page break)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Timotheus

Problem with Section Break (No page break)

Post by Timotheus »

When selecting Section break > Same page, the text following the Section break should of course remain on the same page.

But it doesn't; or rather: it does so only every now and then. Most of the times, when selecting Section break > Same page, with "Show invisibles" selected too, I get in grey the wording "Section break (No Page Break)", which confirms that the chosen option is the right one; but nevertheless the text after the break migrates to the next page.

What am I doing wrong?
xiamenese

Re: Problem with Section Break (No page break)

Post by xiamenese »

Does the paragraph following the section break have "Keep with next" and the following one "Keep together" implemented? if so, is there enough space remaining on the page for the two paragraphs? Just a thought ...

:)

Mark
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks for your suggestion, Mark. No, that's not the case. "Keep with next" is never selected in the various sections of the document, nor is "Keep together",
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

But now it seems I've found the culprits: footnotes! When a section contains footnotes, the next section goes to the next page, even if the Section Break is of the "No Page Break" - type. Is there a way to prevent this?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm glad you ferreted out the culprit Timotheus, but unfortunately there is no way to prevent the unwanted behavior. This interaction is an unfortunate limitation in our page view's pagination. I'm sorry for the confusion and limitation.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

That's a pity. But thanks, Martin, for your answer!