Dictionary location

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Matze

Dictionary location

Post by Matze »

Hi there,

I have asked this in another thread to Martin, but it might well be interesting for some others, too.
Anyone who knows, where the dictionary is located, which is the source for NWPs textcompletion?
I'd like to change its content if possible.

Best, Matze
phspaelti

Re: Dictionary location

Post by phspaelti »

Hello Matze,
I assume you mean the "QuickFix" items, which usually are used to fix typos and the like?
Of course you can just edit them in Preferences, but perhaps you are bored of typing them in one at a time?

The "dictionary", such as it is, is located at the following location:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.NisusWriter/Data/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro/Languages/
There is a ".nlang" file for each language that you use, which includes a variety of settings in addition to the list of "typos". The file is a XML file. So if you want to edit or replace it you will need to follow the format, If you have a two-column list of the abbreviations and expansions that you want to include, it would be easy to change them to XML format. You could do that with NWP's find/replace.
philip
Matze

Post by Matze »

Hi Philip,

no, I don't mean Quickfix. I mean the preference "Allgemein -> Schlägt Vervollständigungen beim Schreiben vor" (maybe: General -> suggest completion while typing in the english preferences?)

I have got no location com.nisus.NisusWriter in my folder: ~/Library/Containers/

Best, Matze
Matze

Post by Matze »

I've screenshoted an example of the completion-feature.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-24 um 14.43.14.png
Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-24 um 14.43.14.png (12.79 KiB) Viewed 8234 times
Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-24 um 14.44.28.png
Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-24 um 14.44.28.png (67.37 KiB) Viewed 8234 times
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Matze wrote:I have got no location com.nisus.NisusWriter in my folder: ~/Library/Containers/
Sorry, my bad. Presumably you have those in ~/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro/Languages/ ?
But, for your case the '.nlang' files won't help you. The dictionary your looking for is a Mac wide thing. I'm sorry this is outside of my knowledge area.
philip
Matze

Post by Matze »

Hi there,

is this the file I am looking for? ~ Library/Spelling/LocalDictionary?
If I open it in textedit, it only shows the word "skitch" (???).

Best, Matze
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

Maybe it'd be quickest to send an inquiry to Nisus via Help > Feedback? Seems that no one that's reading the forums right now knows the answer. I surely don't!