Imported Footnotes not showing default note text

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
swalkerc

Imported Footnotes not showing default note text

Post by swalkerc »

I'm new to Nisus Writer Pro and I'm stuck on a problem. I compiled a document in Scrivener to .rtf and then opened that file in Nisus Writer Pro. I then went through and applied styles from the Nisus Writer Pro style sheet to the text. Everything was great. The only thing I can't get to work is the footnotes that were in the document say they're formatted as the style sheet footnotes, but they don't include the autotext. So, they're all numbered correctly, but they're also all missing the period after the number. Any ideas?

Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Imported Footnotes not showing default note text

Post by martin »

What you describe is the expected behavior for the "default note text" option of a Footnote style. That default text is only used when you insert a new note in that style. It does not affect any existing notes, nor those you open from another file. Put another way, the delimiter (eg: the period and space after the note number) is actually part of the note content; it is not part of the automatic note number, nor any other kind of automatic text. However, you aren't the first user to be confused by this, so perhaps we should revisit how this works.

In the meantime, you may find the attached macro helpful. If you run it on your document, it should allow you to globally adjust the delimiter for all notes in your document.
Attachments
Note Delimiter Replace All.nwm
(20.26 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Here is my version of such a macro. It works a bit different, in that it just uses the currently set default, and it checks whether the current footnotes need to be changed or not.

[Macro updated]
Attachments
Fix Note Default text.nwm
(18.9 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by phspaelti on 2016-01-24 21:25:29, edited 3 times in total.
philip
swalkerc

Post by swalkerc »

Thank you both so much! That's a really helpful fix.

Sarah