Feature request: File > Open Recent shortcut option

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NisusUser

Feature request: File > Open Recent shortcut option

Post by NisusUser »

I would really like it if I could get the File > Open Recent dialog to open with a keyboard shortcut and then navigate with arrow keys to the file I want. I know I can assign a menu key to any file in the list, but I'd like to just get that far and then scroll with the up and down arrows to look for the one I want. I admit this is like WORD's Alt-F-O (Alt-File-Open) command which I had used for years in Windows. I've been using NWP for a long time and have tried to accept the absence of this feature, but I still miss it :)

Anybody else think this is a good idea? What about you, Martin? I think you've got the deciding vote! :)
greenmorpher

Re: Feature request: File > Open Recent shortcut option

Post by greenmorpher »

Wasn't there a feature like that in the old NW? I think document manager overtook it in part.

Cheers, geoff
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

You aren't the only one to think this is a good idea. Another user asked about giving the Open Recent menu a shortcut some time ago. This is the workaround I suggested:
I don't know if it would be any faster than your other workaround, but you could summon the Document Manager window using a keyboard shortcut, and then use combinations of the tab and arrow keys to access the Recently Opened file list. If you left the Document Manager window with the recent file list active all the time, this might be pretty convenient, as you'd only have to use the arrow keys at that point (and Return/Enter to open the desired file).
I'll definitely add your vote to the enhancement request we already have filed, thanks!
NisusUser

Post by NisusUser »

Thank you, Martin!