Page Break keyboard command

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bryan

Page Break keyboard command

Post by Bryan »

I prefer keyboard shortcuts. The one that drives me a bit bananas (and I've finally got around to posting on the forum) is Insert > Page Break. I could use it on my old full-sized keyboard but not on my notebook or my bluetooth keyboard. Both seem to have some keys removed to fit the keyboard into the smaller size required. I have to confess that I have forgotten what the last symbol stands for. The one that looks like an umbrella under a stormy sky.

What shortcut is available to me on the keyboards I have mentioned above. Or is it possible for Nisus to change the command to account for new keyboards which all probably are missing the umbrella under a stormy sky key stroke. :)

Thanks.
Bryan
JHB

Re: Page Break keyboard command

Post by JHB »

Bryan wrote:I prefer keyboard shortcuts. The one that drives me a bit bananas (and I've finally got around to posting on the forum) is Insert > Page Break. I could use it on my old full-sized keyboard but not on my notebook or my bluetooth keyboard. Both seem to have some keys removed to fit the keyboard into the smaller size required. I have to confess that I have forgotten what the last symbol stands for. The one that looks like an umbrella under a stormy sky.

What shortcut is available to me on the keyboards I have mentioned above. Or is it possible for Nisus to change the command to account for new keyboards which all probably are missing the umbrella under a stormy sky key stroke. :)
That symbol is the enter key. If you have a MacBook of some sort, you get it with fn-return. So to get the page break is command-fn-return.

John
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Hello John

Thanks for your reply. It got me to mucking around on the MacBook and the Bluetooth keyboard (I run a monitor from the MacBook). "command + fn + return" gave me a bright yellow line across the page using both keyboards but no new page. However, once I added "shift" to the mix I got a new page. So for me: "command + fn + return + shift" gives me a new page. A bit of a finger-full but it works.

Thanks

Bryan
Bryan
credneb

Post by credneb »

Alternatively, you could assign your own shortcut -- such as command-P-B -- that will work with whatever keyboard is connected.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

credneb wrote:Alternatively, you could assign your own shortcut -- such as command-P-B -- that will work with whatever keyboard is connected.
That's right, don't forget you can assign any menu any keyboard shortcut you like (including multi-key shortcuts) in Nisus Writer's preferences. Just visit the "Menu Keys" pane.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks Credneb and Martin.

I've now assigned 'fn + P' to get a 'Page Break'. It doesn't seem to conflict with anything. I should use Menu Keys more often.

Regards
Bryan