Ruler Margin Snap Away/Over Current Position is Irritating

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
stevenrowat

Ruler Margin Snap Away/Over Current Position is Irritating

Post by stevenrowat »

Hi,
A small point, but one which irritates me multiple times a day:

When I attempt to drag the main, left-hand ruler marker (the one that marks the left margin), it 'jumps' away from itself, usually by more than I want to adjust it. Then it won't go into the 'jump' area; it will only jump back to where it was.

Another way to describe this: if I'm dragging that marker along the ruler scale, it moves continuously and I can leave it anywhere I want to, except for:
a) major ruler units like '1.0, 2.0'
b) the place it was before

In both those places it 'snaps' into position, not allowing setting in the section it's snapping across. And the place it was before is the larger snap, apparently.

Here's the problem:
The main place I want FINE ADJUSTMENT is RIGHT BESIDE WHERE THE MARGIN IS NOW.
Sorry for shouting, but I want you to get it. :-).
That is exactly the place where I don't want it 'jumped over'. I want full access to the fine detail of the scale right beside where it is now.

I've tried the manual (can't find 'snap' in it); and various key commands (don't seem to help).

If this isn't possible at the moment, I suggest you add a command-key that removes this behavior, so option-drag will allow fine increments everywhere on the ruler.

Best regards,

Steven Rowat