Finding a font

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ralvy

Finding a font

Post by ralvy »

Is there a way to search for a font with the Find function? I want to be able to replace all text that has a particular font with a style.
feat

Re: Finding a font

Post by feat »

yes, there is; try this:
  1. set the find window in power find pro mode, and look for .+
  2. uncheck the whole word option
  3. select format > fonts > document fonts > the font you need
    (this should automatically tick the attribute sensitive box)
  4. press find next or find all
ralvy

Post by ralvy »

Ok, thanks to you, I can now find and replace text of a certain font, font size, etc, with a style. Now I notice that when I do that, the bookmarks that Scrivener created as my TOC are no longer working. Obviously doing a Find And Replace on all the section titles trashed them, which is understandable. So I can either replace the TOC Scrivener created with a native Nisus TOC, or else, instead of doing a Find And Replace on section titles with Nisus, I guess I can create a macro that finds each such section title and then inserts the appropriate style.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

It might be worth looking at Kino's famous selection macros, in particular the one for selecting by font. See the macro repository.

http://nisus.com/pro/macros/?activeCat=Selection
philip
ralvy

Post by ralvy »

Thanks for pointing this macro selection out. I notice that the Select by Font macro is in the Macro drop-down list by default. Now, as long as I make sure all the various headings I have in my document created by Scrivener have the same font (while changing their size, alignment, etc., depending on what sort of heading each is), I can use the Select by Font macro and then simply apply what I want in common to all of them. In this case, it's the Keep With Next Paragraph property that Scrivener doesn't seem to export during its Compile routine. Now I don't even need to mess with styles. Thanks again.