NWP 2.0.2

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
vitaka

Re: NWP 2.0.2

Post by vitaka »

martin wrote: That can't be right, NWP always places a few resources into the Application Support folder. Are you sure you're looking at the right folder? It should be in your home folder, under:

~/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer Pro/

One way to see the proper folder: inside NWP, use the menu Macros > Show Macros Folder in Finder. The Macros folder lives inside NWP's application support subfolder.
Found it! I was able to create a new file to replace the standard one. Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

exegete77 wrote:With the two instances of NWP showing in the Ctrl+Click scenario. If the file I do that with is .rtf, then only one instance of NWP shows up. If it is .doc, .odt, .mellel, then NWP shows up twice. The only application to ever do that, and only since upgrading to 2.0.2.
Did you use the Dock's "Show in Finder" contextual menu to verify that you only have one copy of NWP on your computer? If that checks out, then you might try rebuilding your OSX launch services database; it's the part of OSX responsible for generating those "Open With" menus.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

martin wrote: Did you use the Dock's "Show in Finder" contextual menu to verify that you only have one copy of NWP on your computer? If that checks out, then you might try rebuilding your OSX launch services database; it's the part of OSX responsible for generating those "Open With" menus.
Yes, I used Dock “Show in Finder.

Your suggestion of rebuilding the launch services database fixed it.

Thank you!
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990