messages to dock

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
Bart

messages to dock

Post by Bart »

ever since I don't know exactly when (a new OS update?) most messages I open by double clicking them in a list, go straight to the dock. Anyone else seen this? Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Bart
Neil Hughes

Post by Neil Hughes »

I get this in PowerMail as well*. I think from reading on other forums that there might be an issue with OS X that only affects Carbon apps and the only way to stop it is to disable the "minimize when double clicking a window title bar" option in the system preferences. The double-click on the message line is being carried through to the newly opened window.

Maybe changing the position where the message window opens by default will fix it?

Neil

* - sorry Nisus, I really did try and stick with NE but when I started working from home the program's limitations eventually meant that I had to change and no new version looked like being released. In particular I needed to be able to set attachment encoding. :cry:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Sorry, Neil, for not reacting earlier. It took me a while to return to this topic. You are right about the cause, and changing the position of newly opened docks does solve the problem.

gratefully yours
Bart
Neil Hughes

Post by Neil Hughes »

No problem - glad to help :-)

Neil