Nisus Pro 2

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Ruchama

Re: Nisus Pro 2

Post by Ruchama »

As tracking changes is mentioned, I exploit the thread to ask: Is NWP tracking changes compatible with MS Word one? I was asked about it and did not have an answer.. Thanks in advance..
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ruchama wrote:As tracking changes is mentioned, I exploit the thread to ask: Is NWP tracking changes compatible with MS Word one? I was asked about it and did not have an answer.. Thanks in advance..
Yes indeed, RTF will properly exchange tracked changes between NWP and Word (no matter where they were tracked).
Jester

Post by Jester »

martin wrote:
Hamid wrote:Tracking and Display Options... menu (in the gear menu in Tracked Changes navigator) allows you to show the pane on left or right.
You can also get there via the menu Tools > Track Changes > Tracking and Display Options. If you want to change it for all your new documents, you can open up your New File template and adjust it there.
Weird, I looked into that and didn't see it, but now I do. I was probably too tired when I tried before :p . Thanks again!
martin wrote:
Jester wrote:By this I mean the font in which my name (i.e. Daniel) appears in the comments, and also the one for added in the Track Changes. It did change from NWP 1, right?
Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure if the font was changed, but perhaps. We did try to tighten up the display of comments to conserve space. Ideally the font should be a preference- I'll file that as an enhancement.
It's not that important, it was more of a curiosity than anything else.
martin wrote:
Now that you mention it, can one save in .odt ?
You can export to ODT- it's listed in the Export As dialog as "OpenOffice.org Open Document".
Great, takk.
martin wrote:
Jester wrote:By the by, the languages still say Costa Rico, not Rica.
Hrm, sorry about that- I'm not sure why that came back, but I'll file it as an issue.
Not that I feel emotionally affected by it or anything, but it's good to have the correct names :p .
martin wrote:
Ruchama wrote:As tracking changes is mentioned, I exploit the thread to ask: Is NWP tracking changes compatible with MS Word one? I was asked about it and did not have an answer.. Thanks in advance..
Yes indeed, RTF will properly exchange tracked changes between NWP and Word (no matter where they were tracked).
Indeed, Track Changes work wonderfully! I tried them out recently:
01. An .rtf with Track Changes works perfectly.
02. An exported .rtf into Word (probably 2008) also worked perfectly.

Three cheers to Track Changes on Nisus!!!
Jester

Post by Jester »

I guess it says Compatible con Office para Windows (in Spanish), right before Fixed Width (in the type of fonts) because I have Office 2011 in Spanish?
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Someone named Manuel bought something from me on eBay here in Oz recently, so I started my message to him "Ola Manuel". Next thing you know, the eBay page switched to Spanish!

You have to run to keep up , hester! :P

Cheers, geoff
Jester

Post by Jester »

^ Who's hester :p ?

Yeah, I find it funny that Word would "invade" Nisus and put that in Spanish, even if the rest is in English.
Jester

Post by Jester »

On the outline list:

• I'd like the "grey" part of the numbers to be the same size for all of them. This changes in Roman numbers VII and VIII, and parenthesis numbers starting at (10).

This obviously happens because there are more symbols, but it'd be nice if it were the same size for all of them.
And I do notice a huge improvement in that sense when compared to 1.

Cheers,
Jester

Post by Jester »

Interesting, Track Changes doesn't work in the header.
Jester

Post by Jester »

I don't know where this was mentioned, but yes, page 10 becomes 1. For some reason, when I scroll up or down the page, there is a moment in which the 1 "becomes" a 10 (for one millisecond), but then goes back to 1.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Jester wrote:I don't know where this was mentioned, but yes, page 10 becomes 1. For some reason, when I scroll up or down the page, there is a moment in which the 1 "becomes" a 10 (for one millisecond), but then goes back to 1.
The problem has been noted in this thread:
http://www.nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4287
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ah yeah, thanks Hamid.