random variation in footnote number placement

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Derick

random variation in footnote number placement

Post by Derick »

As far as I can tell the footnotes in the attachment are identically styled -- all appear identical on all the settings in the drawer, & use the Footnote style. But the number is higher on the bottom two than the top two. Any way to fix this? All the other footnotes in the document appear as # 39 and 40 do here. But I would prefer the appearance of #37 and 38.
Attachments
nisusfn.jpg
nisusfn.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Elbrecht

Re: random variation in footnote number placement

Post by Elbrecht »

Hi -

looks like the line spacing does the job. The #39/40 got some extra line spacing - I guess extra pts Before the note, but could be extra pts After the note above as well...

HE
MacBook Pro i5
SSD 840/850 Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Nisus Writer Pro 3.4
Derick

Post by Derick »

Thanks - I looked & looked, moving the cursor all around, but the line spacing settings in the Drawer never changed, & changing them manually could increase the space, but not get rid of it.

Eventually, though, I used Remove Attributes Except Styles, which did get rid of the uneven spacing.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It sounds like a non-style formatting attribute, likely a baseline adjustment, was somehow applied to those footnote references. It's impossible to say how it got there, but I'm glad you found out how to remove it!