Full Screen Printing Challenge

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
bjast

Full Screen Printing Challenge

Post by bjast »

A strange thing happens when printing from Full Screen mode. A window appears with nothing on it but Full Screen Mode in the center of the page. And once the page is printed, this remains on the screen, on top of the actually document. This even happens if the print dialog box is canceled. Attempting to close this window brings up the Save Sheet, even though the document window is empty.

Is this normal behavior? It's very awkward, and unproductive.

Thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Full Screen Printing Challenge

Post by martin »

This looks like a bug to me- I'll file it to be fixed.
Attempting to close this window brings up the Save Sheet, even though the document window is empty.
To return to full screen mode leave this phantom window alone and simply click the full screen text area behind the window.

Thanks for letting us know, sorry for the inconvenience.
bjast

Post by bjast »

martin: thanks for your prompt reply, and input.

While this issue is being addressed would it be possible to make NWP remain in Full Screen mode when switching back and forth between applications? I do an great deal of research which requires switching to various applications, and it is frustrating to have NWP continually exit Full Screen Mode whenever it is not the active application. Writeroom, the shareware application, has this helpful feature.

It seems like it would be easy to implement by making it an option in the General Preferences section, by adding "Remain in Full Screen Mode" to the "On Application Activation" drop-down menu.

Your thoughts?
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

I second that. I have a dual monitor setup, with Nisus Writer Pro on one, in full screen view, and my outline in OmniOutliner on the other. If I switch to OmniOutliner to edit the outline, Nisus Writer Pro always exits full screen view, thus forcing me to activate it again when I switch back. This is very annoying, and I would really like to have an option like the one mentioned by bjast.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That sounds like a useful option to me, I'll file it as an enhancement request- thanks guys!