template problem

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
disfasia

template problem

Post by disfasia »

I am having problems saving my template. Can someone remind me how to create a new file and where to save it?

Thanks.
Kino

Re: template problem

Post by Kino »

Preferences > New File:Advanced, click on Edit Nisus New File… to open the default template, switch to Style Sheet View, edit it as you like and save it or save it as a different document. By default, it will be saved in /Users/you/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer/.
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

Yes, I am trying to do this but it keeps defaulting to page format A4. Any other ideas how to fix this? I am trying to have my page default to US letter.

Thanks so much!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The paper size for newly created documents is taken from your OSX system settings, eg: the "Print & Fax" area of your system preferences. Everything else is taken from the Nisus New File, so this is a bit quirky.
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

Yes, I thought this as well... but fixing that wouldn't work, so I thought it might be the templat for the new doc.

Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

To be sure, you changed your system's Print & Fax paper size, restarted NWP, and still the paper size for a new document in NWP is wrong?
rekk1986

Post by rekk1986 »

disfasia wrote:I am having problems saving my template. Can someone remind me how to create a new file and where to save it?

Thanks.
First, you go to:Preferences --> New File-->Advanced--> click on Edit Nisus New File… to open the default template, switch to Style Sheet View, edit it as you like and save it or save it as a different document. By default, it will be saved in /Users/you/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer/.