anonymous comments?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ngazidja

anonymous comments?

Post by ngazidja »

I've not yet used the "add comment" facility in Nisus (indeed, only just noticed it) but now realise it might be useful. However, I see that my comments are tagged with my name. Is there any way to switch this off? I need to anonymously comment on an article, so clearly comments with my name attached aren't going to pass muster...
ngazidja

Re: anonymous comments?

Post by ngazidja »

Update, I just removed the user name in the preferences. I don't need my things name tagged anyway... Works fine, even calls me "Anonymous".

Anonymous.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

And we all assume that is a fitting name, too, eh? :lol: :D
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
dspedersen

Post by dspedersen »

Speaking of comments, is there any way to make the text in smaller by default?

Adding a comment, I find the font size horribly big so I have to downsize it manually... a bit cumbersome when adding a lot of comments.
Dan

Msc, PhD student
University of Aarhus
Denmark
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

If you already have a style called 'Comment', NWP will follow that style. If not, when you first add a comment a style named 'Comment' is added to the Style sheet. You can change the settings there just as you would do with any other style.
dspedersen

Post by dspedersen »

Hamid, that sounds great; sweat music to my ears!

Thanks! :D
Dan

Msc, PhD student
University of Aarhus
Denmark
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hamid wrote:If you already have a style called 'Comment', NWP will follow that style. If not, when you first add a comment a style named 'Comment' is added to the Style sheet. You can change the settings there just as you would do with any other style.
This is exactly right. One other tip: if your "Nisus New File" contains a paragraph style named "Comment", NWP will copy/import that style into the active document the first time you add a comment in any file that is missing a "Comment" style.
dspedersen

Post by dspedersen »

Hi Martin,

That sounds great; I will look into that, using the manual. Being only a one week old user of NWP, I haven't yet grasped the full monty of this very excellent program.

I guess what you're telling me is that I can customize how my default NWP document is styled from the very beginning.

Thanks!
Dan

Msc, PhD student
University of Aarhus
Denmark