split screen

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
disfasia

split screen

Post by disfasia »

i have had to settle with nwe for years after nisus stopped the version that had the horizontal split screen. i thought this new version of the nwp was to have it? or am i missing something?

thanks for any and all info.

Hamid

Re: split screen

Post by Hamid »

There is no split screen in the current version of NWP. I made that feature request long ago. Add your voice to that:
http://www.nisus.com/support/SubmitFeatureRequest.php
Jesse the K

Post by Jesse the K »

What I want are two views of the same document: one live and one static.

Split screen is one answer to this, but being able to open another read-only window on a doc would also fit the bill.

Is this possible now? (I have searched the VFM.)
dshan

Post by dshan »

Jesse the K wrote:What I want are two views of the same document: one live and one static.

Split screen is one answer to this, but being able to open another read-only window on a doc would also fit the bill.

Is this possible now? (I have searched the VFM.)
No, this is not possible in the current version of NWP. It's an oft requested feature though, hopefully one day...
Kino

Post by Kino »

Jesse the K wrote:Split screen is one answer to this, but being able to open another read-only window on a doc would also fit the bill.
It is not read-only but you can duplicate the frontmost document as a new untitled document by running the following macro.

Code: Select all

$doc = Document.active
if $doc == undefined  # if there is no open document...
	exit
end
$docCopy = $doc.copy