Non-menu commands in macros

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
dpb

Non-menu commands in macros

Post by dpb »

I apologize if this is an obvious question or one that has already been answered. I'm relying mainly on NWP-guide-b6.pdf for my understanding of Macros. It is very exciting finally having a way to automate tedious tasks - something I have been greatly missing from NWC days.

In general, is there a way in macro scripts to call commands that are not shown on a regular menu but that are options in some dialog box or window that opens when a regular menu command is called?

Examples: (1) After calling Cross-reference, I would also like to choose "Bookmarked text" even when the pop-up menu is set to somethings else. (2) In the tool drawer, I would like to automate the choice of a particular combination of cell-border edges and other options.

Thanks for your tolerant help with this.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

No need to apologize, you haven't missed anything- there aren't ways to do either of the things you want. Allowing macros to control table cell properties is definitely on the list of things to add. The other issue is a little more nebulous.

Do you really want to have the user choose options from the cross-reference sheet? Or do you want a command to insert a cross-reference with options of your choosing?
dpb

Post by dpb »

martin wrote:Do you really want to have the user choose options from the cross-reference sheet? Or do you want a command to insert a cross-reference with options of your choosing?
In principle, either would be fine. But since (http://nisus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2804) I would like to see more complex combinations of options in cross-referencing, it would probably be better if there were a general way to call contingent options when a command is called.