switch to chosen keyboard doesn't work for me

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bronson

switch to chosen keyboard doesn't work for me

Post by Bronson »

I went to preferences/languages selected an appropriate secondary font, set switch keyboard to "switch to chosen keyboard", and I selected the appropriate keyboard layout. I did this for English, Hebrew, Greek, and a profile I created for Ethiopic. Now, when I switch the language using the pulldown menu on the right, it only switches my keyboard layout to the last keyboard layout I used other than English. For example, I type in English, switch to Hebrew, and everything works fine; I then switch to Greek and the font changes but I'm still left using the Hebrew keyboard layout. If I select English, then it goes back the the English keyboard layout. I'm running Leopard and using the demo version of Nisus Writer Pro 1.0.2.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Yes, this seems to be broken under Leopard. The switching seems to work only for each "script". So Roman forms one group (English, German, French, …) Unicode one group (Hebrew, Greek, etc.), and there are other groups.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'll have us take a look. Apple introduced an entirely new system in Leopard for changing the keyboard / input method that should be much better than the old Tiger system, which NWP still makes use of.