Mathtype Problems

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
MikeKazlow

Mathtype Problems

Post by MikeKazlow »

Quote:

One thing I remembered: there is a bug in the NWP beta that prevents double-clicking from editing equations on Intel machines. This will be fixed before release.

This wasn't fixed before release. You still need a better way to address the raising and lowering of the baseline for equations. The simplest method was used in classic was to respect the information contained in the graphic. The next best would be to allow you to specify how many points to raise and or lower the baseline, so that we do not have to choose the command repeated for each point we need to raise or lower. The third best way is to give us a macro to accomplish this and lastly we need a keyboard shortcut for raising and/or lowering the baseline.

Also, mathtype equations still look fuzzy when printed and or saved to pdf.

This is not rocket science. Many people need equations to function properly. We have been promised fixes and improvements since Nisus Express. We are not asking for integrated equation handling. Just give use the basics.

...Mike
greenmorpher

Re: Mathtype Problems

Post by greenmorpher »

MikeKazlow wrote:Quote:

we need a keyboard shortcut for raising and/or lowering the baseline.
Menu Bar > Format > Baseline > Raise Baseline/Lower Baseline. In my NWPro they have the keyboard shortcuts of option-command-r and option-command-l respectively. I think those shortcuts were assigned by Nisus.
I wonder whether this has to do with the resolution applied by the Quartz filter in the flattening of transparency in the PDF making process. I can't see how to change the resolution for this. I may be quite wrong, of course. :\

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
MikeKazlow

Post by MikeKazlow »

greenmorpher wrote:

Menu Bar > Format > Baseline > Raise Baseline/Lower Baseline. In my NWPro they have the keyboard shortcuts of option-command-r and option-command-l respectively. I think those shortcuts were assigned by Nisus.
These commands do not work on my version of pro and do not agree with the commands available in express.
greenmorpher wrote:
I wonder whether this has to do with the resolution applied by the Quartz filter in the flattening of transparency in the PDF making process. I can't see how to change the resolution for this. I may be quite wrong, of course. :\
No in some versions of Express this depended upon how you saved your documents. Documents saved as rtfd documents didn't have this problem, but documents saved as rtf documents did. So it is printer independent. This was a bug that was promised to be fixed in Express and never was.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

MikeKazlow wrote:
greenmorpher wrote:

These commands do not work on my version of pro and do not agree with the commands available in express.
Looks as though I must have assigned those shortcuts myself, Mike. You can assign them too -- or any other shortcut you like.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com