Some feature requests

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Soda

Some feature requests

Post by Soda »

STYLES
Can we have styles listed by name only, as an option? Presenting them in their typeface/size is fun and sometimes useful, but, like font menus set in the actual fonts, they're not always easy to read. Perhaps a preference, and/or a little button on the Styles palette to toggle this?

INVISIBLES
'Show invisibles' is very useful for cleaning out messy originals. Could there be a button to toggle this on and off in the toolbar?

VIEWS
The pop-up menu in the toolbar for Draft/Page/Style Views is handy but a set of three buttons with radio behaviour might be clearer and quicker to operate?

MEASURES
It would be helpful to be able to put measures into any field in any units. Even if measures are set to be in cm, for example, it should be possible to type 12pt into any field. I'd particularly like to be able to specify line height in points (and have the line at a fixed height).

OPENTYPE
Are we going to see OpenType features like automatic old-style figures or small caps, perhaps as part of paragraph style definitions?
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

I know I might be teaching people to suck eggs, but NWE allows you to set or change a shortcut keystroke for any menu command.

I have set one to show and hide invisibles. Likewise, the page/draft view already has a menu shortcut to toggle between them. If you don't like it you can change it.

Maybe it's because I'm a power user and I like to know the keyboard shortcuts for most of the apps I use. It only takes a couple of attempts to learn them and you may never need to take your hands off the keyboard again!

A feature request for the pot from me: contextual menu support for changing case. Add that and I would be a happy camper.
jwx1

Soft return

Post by jwx1 »

I just want a soft return.
Line feed - no new paragraph.
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

Ooh yeah! That's a good one, too!