2 newbie questions (templates & draw tools)

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Frank Einstein

2 newbie questions (templates & draw tools)

Post by Frank Einstein »

I can't find instructions on how to create template documets (more than one). Can someon point me to the right place?
Frank Einstein

Addition to previous post

Post by Frank Einstein »

Second question: Does Nisus Wrier Express have an simpe dawing tools? (For exmple, drawing a line)
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

Frank,

Instructions on how to create template (stationery) documents are available in the Online help.

1. Choose Nisus Writer Express Help from the Help menu (when in Nisus Writer Express).

2. Type "template" (without the quotes of course) in the search field at the top of the Online help window and press the Enter key (on your keyboard).

3. The item at the top of the list should be:
Understanding template (stationery) documents.

I hope that helps.

As for "simple drawing tools", Version 2 of Nisus Writer Express does not have the Graphics Layer (as we know it from Nisus Writer Classic). This is so often requested by our users that we are likely to implement it in an upgrade sooner than later (though it will take some coding to make sure it works).

For the time being, if you need those Graphics Layer capabilities, stay with trusty old Nisus Writer Classic!

You might be able to accomplish a bit of what you want (simple lines) using the Table creator in Nisus Writer Express.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.