more than 10 recent documents

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
gemboy27

more than 10 recent documents

Post by gemboy27 »

Is there a way to make it so under 'open recent document' there is more than 10 recent documents listed?

I flip through a lot of documents and it would be nice to have 15 or 20 that I could go back to.

thanks
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
rmark
Official Nisus Person

re: more than 10 recent documents?

Post by rmark »

Sorry for the late response.

That Open Recent submenu is determined by Apple. You can change the number in the Appearance panel of the System Preferences (then it will set that number for all applications).

You are probably nostalgic for the Essential Files portion of the File Access submenu of Nisus Writer Classic. We continue to develop the Document Manager. In the meantime you can use that to sort your files by date (modified or created) and find the files you want.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
gemboy27

not working

Post by gemboy27 »

I did the change, but it only changed for recent items under the apple in the menu bar, not in Nisus itself

what is up with that
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Matze

Re: re: more than 10 recent documents?

Post by Matze »

rmark wrote: We continue to develop the Document Manager. I
Hi!

Will the document manager become something the catalog has been in NW or will it be something like the NC's file clerk?

Best regards, Matze
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Matze wrote:Will the document manager become something the catalog has been in NW or will it be something like the NC's file clerk?
Not being a Nisus Writer (Classic) user, I'm not sure what the catalog and NC's file clerk are. So at the risk of being repetitious, let me add that some kind of find feature built into the document manager, something that could search for text in documents stored in the document manager, would be welcome.

And let's not forget gemboy's original question. I wonder whether shutting down NWE and restarting changed anything?

--Craig
Matze

Post by Matze »

cchapin wrote: Not being a Nisus Writer (Classic) user, I'm not sure what the catalog and NC's file clerk are. So at the risk of being repetitious, let me add that some kind of find feature built into the document manager, something that could search for text in documents stored in the document manager, would be welcome.

[SNIP]

--Craig
This is exactly what is possible with the catalog. You select a range of files in the catalog, add them to a search list via the catalog menu and search via find/replace every single file in that search list. If you have checked the summary funtion a summarywindow opens and gives you a list of found files, which you only have to doubleclick and the file opens and shows you the found term. Of course you can do a replace all through the complete list.

Best Matze
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Sounds great. Now I want it. --Craig
Matze

Post by Matze »

cchapin wrote:Sounds great. Now I want it. --Craig
Easy. Just get Nisus Writer 6.5 :wink:

Best, Matze
charles

Post by charles »

Hi everyone:

We have some things planned for the Document Manager that will bring back much of what the catalog was useful for and will provide easy access to more than 10 recent documents. Thanks for your input!

Cheers,
-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
gemboy27

sooo

Post by gemboy27 »

does this mean, I can only see 10 files under: file/open recent

???
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Gemboy:

After some investigation it appears that this menu is not affected by the General preferences pane like we thought it was supposed to do. I think there is some way to change this, but so far I have not been able to find out how to do it. We are looking into a number of changes for a future release that will fill this need for you.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.