Sudden shrinking of font to 1% using MacBook Air

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
jhecht

Sudden shrinking of font to 1% using MacBook Air

Post by jhecht »

I've come across a new problem I've never seen before that happens repeatedly when I'm writing in Nisus Writer Express on a 2017 Macbook Air running 10.13.6. Accidentally hitting the touchpad in certain ways suddenly shrinks the font size to near invisibility. The first few time the font seemed to vanish, then I noticed that the screen magnification had shrunk to 1%. Increasing that to 150% brought the type back to a usable size, but it keeps happening. Is this an inevitable "feature" of using a touchpad? Is there a way to lock the size so it can't be changed by moving fingers on the touchpad?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Sudden shrinking of font to 1% using MacBook Air

Post by martin »

I'm sorry you encountered this bad behavior with document zoom. It is indeed a problem with accidental touchpad activation within Nisus Writer, if you brush the pad in certain ways. We plan to fix the problem in the next software update. In the meantime you'll have to manually correct the zoom, sorry for the nuisance.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I recently experienced this problem several times with Nisus Writer Pro on a MacBook Pro mid-2012 model with macOS 10.13.6. I had no idea why it happened out of the blue, and my way out of it was to close and re-open the document, which brought me back to normal. Next time I will use the method described here to resume 'business as usual'. (I didn't notice the 1% information.)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry that you ran into this problem too Sparks. The good news is that you should no longer need to manually correct the zoom for this trackpad problem. We just released an update that fixes the problem. We corrected the problem for both:

Nisus Writer Pro update
Nisus Writer Express update