Equations in Express

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
delackner

next release, patience

Post by delackner »

Printing 'bluriness' was a result of our printing with the same resolution images we used for display output, not print output resolution. It is definitely fixed in the next release, please be patient.
MikeKazlow

Re: next release, patience

Post by MikeKazlow »

delackner wrote:It is definitely fixed in the next release, please be patient.
Over three months to fix a major bug, is too much long. A beta release to fix this issue, could have been distributed without any major cost. A dot release would have been preferable. If a small company wishes to remain competitive against other companies, then a good product and excellent service is the best way to accomplish this. At the moment, we are not seeing either.
dep

Would it be possible consider a built in Math renderer?

Post by dep »

For example, would you consider using something like LaTeX? Even that, tho, would use a graphic format for display. I, too, would like a good math equation editor, but I'd prefer the ability to seamlessly mix equations with text--something that I currently do regularly in LaTeX. I have found that documents that contain too many equations simply cannot be handled well the current generation of word processors. It seems that this would be a very good feature to consider down the road.
MikeKazlow

Post by MikeKazlow »

I don't find TeX or LaTeX to be an acceptable choice. It is akin to programming. In which case I could just write raw postscript.
MikeKazlow

Re: next release, patience

Post by MikeKazlow »

MikeKazlow wrote:
delackner wrote:It is definitely fixed in the next release, please be patient.
Over three months to fix a major bug, is too much long. A beta release to fix this issue, could have been distributed without any major cost. A dot release would have been preferable. If a small company wishes to remain competitive against other companies, then a good product and excellent service is the best way to accomplish this. At the moment, we are not seeing either.
It is now over a year since I reported the printing problem. We have seen the next release come and go still no fix in sight. Maybe you meant the next major release. Or perhaps it is the release after the arrival of Godot.

I have used Nisus off and on, since release 3. Perhaps, maybe its time to move on.
Jamie SG

why don't you try MathMagic

Post by Jamie SG »

I am using MathMagic Personal Edition and I think this is the best choice for NWE at the moment.
MathMagic is very much like MathType, but simply better and cheaper.
You can create equations in MathMagic, drag the equation & drop onto Nisus window. That's it.
You can also drag the equation back from Nisus window to MathMagic window to re-edit it, which is still very convenient(although I wish Nisus to support double-clicking on the equation to initiate the editing.)

Display and Printiing quality is quite awesome.

They have fully working trial version: www.mathmagic.com/download/
Give it a try.

If you have better solution than this, I would like to hear as well.

Thanks.