Full Screen Mode Question

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
kirkesque

Full Screen Mode Question

Post by kirkesque »

I'm using the trial version of Nisus Express right now to compare its functionality for my needs with my long-time use of Mellel and year-and-a-half with Scrivener. I love Mellel and cannot see ever abandoning it so long as it continues to serve my needs. I like Scrivener a lot but have had issues with it—twice encountering (in Keith-the-creator's own words, "one-in-a-million") incidents that have caused loss of material. Thus, I come to Nisus to see about a secondary program. (:

My first question is merely one of convenience, but then, if a program isn't convenient for me, why should I use it? So far, I like the interface and simplicity of Nisus. I have found my way around it quite quickly and easily so far. I'm hoping to discover my problem is one of missing the obvious. I did search the forum already and found only one mention of my issue, but no solution and no other reference.

Issue Question: In full screen mode, is there a way to always have the insertion point in the center of the screen? If so, how?

Thanks!
~k
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Full Screen Mode Question

Post by martin »

I believe you are asking if there is any way of automatically keeping the insertion point always centered in the middle of the screen. If so, I'm sorry but Nisus Writer does not have that feature.
kirkesque

Post by kirkesque »

It was what I was asking. I feel a little sad that it doesn't.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Sorry to elicit ennui :P I've made sure that we have this filed as a feature request, so perhaps one day we can restore your happiness.
kirkesque

Post by kirkesque »

Is that what it takes to restore my happiness!? At least I've discovered the source... :)

~k